Integrated essay

Integrated essay

The reading passage argues that rewards can motivated workers to enhance their performances and leads to increased productivity in work places. The lecturer explained some points from different studies that undermine this claim.

First of all, in contrast to the passage that claims rewards is significantly linked to heigh productivity index among employees, the lecturer asserts that people usually do not preceive rewards as signs of respect. They prefer to be paid rather than being rewarded. In fact, reward works inversely and is understood as a punishment, because failing to achieve the reward is mentally equal to being unfairly punished. This way, the productivity will drop down significantly.

Second, the lecturer explains that applying such incentives depresses the peak of production in a work place. He explains that employees usually try to hide the problems from their supervisor, who have the authority of giving them the rewards, in order to maintain the chance of obtaining the promised reward. This point refutes the claim in the passage that incentives promote the employees' attitude and production.

Third, lecturer underlines the greater a reward is desirable by an employee the higher will be the disappointment of not achieving it, even in a correct system of rewarding. Thus, he casts doubt on the passage that says a reachable incentive has a positive motivational effect on the employees' productivity and performance.

Sentence: The reading passage argues that rewards can motivated workers to enhance their performances and leads to increased productivity in work places.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to can and motivated

Sentence: Third, lecturer underlines the greater a reward is desirable by an employee the higher will be the disappointment of not achieving it, even in a correct system of rewarding.
Description: The tag an adjective, comparative is not usually followed by a
Suggestion: Refer to greater and a

Sentence: First of all, in contrast to the passage that claims rewards is significantly linked to heigh productivity index among employees, the lecturer asserts that people usually do not preceive rewards as signs of respect.
Error: heigh Suggestion: height
Error: preceive Suggestion: No alternate word