Integrated essay "Columbus theory"

Integrated essay "Columbus theory"

The reading passage was mainly about columbus's voyages away from Spain, trying to prove that his theory concerning the world not being flat is a true theory.The listening passage however,casts doubt on columbus theory.

First of all, according to the professor in the lecture,Columbus had already knew that the world was round, because this was known long time ago from the ancient greeks and the philosophers as far as the medieval scholars had also added to the greeks knowledge.This idea is actually opposed by what is mentioned in the reading passage of how Columbus launched into so many voyages in attempt to prove that the world is not flat.

Secondly, the professor also mentions how science long time ago, was really used against religion and how there was a real conflict between religion and science, referring to two books that were published at that time whi emphasized on the use of the flat myth of the world for the purpose of spreading war between scientists and religious people, and as the professor also mentions that columbus was a christian,carrying the message of Jesus Christ.This actually refutes with what is mentioned in the reading passage of how columbus was a brutal man,treating other people in unacceptable way.

whi -> which

No. of Words: 213 250 need more words. maybe one more paragraph.

Remember this if you want higher marks:
Don't leave a blank space before punctuation marks.
Leave a blank space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.