integrated essay "effective discipline"

integrated essay "effective discipline"

The article states that parents or caretakers use three basic strategies for disciplining their children.The ways are power, withholding of affection and management techniques. The professor explains that management techniques are the best way to disciplining children.

The lecture states that discipline helps to improve self esteem. If we use power as a strategy there is less self esteem and if we use managing techniques they develop high self esteem.

Reading states that power includes physical punishment or taking away a privilege. lecture states that we should not use power in children those are less than two years. He explains that physical punishment is nothing but to harm the child.

lecture states that reinforcement is the most effective way to modify children's behavior rather than using power or withholding affection. This reinforcement has approval, attention and affection. Parents should use the combination of praise and approval to enforce discipline is known as positive reinforcement. In this way we can give effective discipline.