Integrated writing

Integrated writing

The reading passage is about the advantages of a plan for construction to develop a piece of land in downtown near a lake by doing some constructions. However, the lecturer is opponent to such plan due to some reasons.

The first thing is that although constructing buildings in that area will attract some individuals for accommodation, but will disrupt the beautiful view of lake. As the mentioned land is a common wealth for all citizens, it is more reasonable to transform it to a park. In this way, not only the natural view of the place will be preserved, but also people will be attracted to the park and everybody can enjoy it.

The second thing is that in contrary to the passage that claims the construction will improve the accommodation problems of hundreds of city residents, the lecturer assets that the apartments will be very expensive and only upper-class citizens will afford those condominiums. Thus, the workers who may find a job in planned business units and shops will not be able to live there.

The third and last reason the lecturer provides is that the only enthusiasts for the city council plan is building constructors and real estates that may be benefited directly from constructions. However, it is not justified to destroy the environment and resident wild life for the benefit of just a few people. The main objective of developing the land between lake and bay should be enhancing the green space of the city not making profit for a limited number of citizens.