Integrated writing from delta key practice test 1

The reading states that some foods like blue berries, tomatoes, broccoli, and garlic have super powers and prevents the disease s like Alzheimer's , cancer, high cholesterol, obesity and diabetes. However, the professor explains that the foods do not have super power and its simply exaggeration and thus refutes each of the author's opinion.

First, the reading claims that blue berries have positive effect on brain function and motor movement in aging rats and thus prevents mental decline in mice and stops Alzheimer's disease. In addition to this it states that eating one cup of blue berries everyday will reduce aging related damage in human beings. The professor refutes the point by saying that there may be mental decline in rats or mice as there is evidence , but the same thing is not possible in humans because there is no sufficient evidence to prove that.

Second, the reading posits that tomatoes reduces cholesterol and reduce the risk of prostate cancer due to the presence of red pigment lycopene. However, the professor says that tomato may be good for health because it has nutrients and one cannot consider that if we eat tomato we will not get cancer its completely false.

Third, the reading says that broccoli and other foods of cabbage family have antioxidants and help to prevent colon cancer. However, the professor says that the broccoli and other foods of cabbage family may prevent colon cancer but there is no direct proof of it. In addition the reading states that garlic reduces high cholesterol and common cold. However, the professor oppose s the point by explaining that garlic is not having power to reduce cholesterol and the recent evidence on garlic reducing cholesterol is unclear.

have super powers and prevents the disease s
have super powers and prevent the diseases

Sentence: Second, the reading posits that tomatoes reduces cholesterol and reduce the risk of prostate cancer due to the presence of red pigment lycopene.
Description: The fragment tomatoes reduces cholesterol is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace reduces with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Sentence: However, the professor says that tomato may be good for health because it has nutrients and one cannot consider that if we eat tomato we will not get cancer its completely false.
Description: A noun, singular, common is not usually followed by a determiner, possessive
Suggestion: Refer to cancer and its

Sentence: However, the professor oppose s the point by explaining that garlic is not having power to reduce cholesterol and the recent evidence on garlic reducing cholesterol is unclear.
Description: The fragment professor oppose s is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace oppose with verb, past tense