Integrated writing task.

Integrated writing task.

The reading passage talks about schools in the united states and explains how does the graded system works. The listening passage however casts doubts on the graded system and dicusses some of its problems.

First of all, the professor in the lecture explains that the graded system doesn't take into consideration the differences in individual learners, as there is an obvious differences in the social, mental and physical aspects among the kids when they begin school. However, the reading passage confirms that the graded system is reasonable as it seperates students into grades according to their age which start at the convenient age of six years old.

Secondly, the professor also adds that promotions at schools based on the graded system should be reviewed, because according to the reading passage those students who do not meet with the minimal requirements of a particular grade are required to repeat the year. On the other hand, according to the professor, this action lead to a higher drop out rates.

Finally, the professor quotes that individual differences in relation to how long a student need to learn a concept influence the graded system negatively. As the material should usually be repeated more than once to slower students. However, faster students should have to wait during this time, and this is completely not ideal. Nevertheless, according to the reading passage, this system is considered logistic and it enables students to be eligible to secondary schools diploma.

Sentence: First of all, the professor in the lecture explains that the graded system doesn't take into consideration the differences in individual learners, as there is an obvious differences in the social, mental and physical aspects among the kids when they begin school.
Description: The fragment an obvious differences is not usually preceded by is
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace is with are

Sentence: The listening passage however casts doubts on the graded system and dicusses some of its problems.
Error: dicusses Suggestion: discusses

Sentence: However, the reading passage confirms that the graded system is reasonable as it seperates students into grades according to their age which start at the convenient age of six years old.
Error: seperates Suggestion: separates