It has been said, "Not everything that is learned is contained in books." Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?
We all keep learning throughout our life. As a kid, we learn to walk, to speak, and to play; as a teenager, we learn various subjects in our school; and as a man or woman, we learn our responsibilities towards our family and society. Many things we learn knowingly and unknowingly. Some things we learn from books and some from experience. In between, we develop our own way of learning things, which help us to learn quickly. It differs from person to person. From my experience, I learn things quickly by practicing it.
First, books contain basic knowledge about various subjects such as history, theories and theorems of maths and economics, various inventions, and leader’s contribution. We could obtain knowledge about all these subjects from books. Today, we are using those inventions, theories, and theorems which were discovered a century ago. Furthermore, we could try not to repeat the same mistakes which were happened in the past. We could try to improve that. So, books are very important source to obtain knowledge about history.
Second, experience teaches us a lot. Today, most of the work we do are based on some basic principles, and these principles are written by someone in past. We use those to complete our work, or sometimes we change those according our need. We try to implement our books knowledge in our practical work. Sometimes this works, but not all times. For example, if one wants to learn swimming, or ride a bicycle, or driving, he needs to practice to learn these things, otherwise he will not be able to swim, ride, and drive. Similarly, no one can cook any dish perfectly by just reading its recipe. He or she has to cook it first. So, practical experience is also must to learn lots of things in life.
Finally, books helps us to obtain knowledge about history, and on that basis, we could find our mistakes and improve it. But, practical experience teaches us a lot. We could find our strength and weaknesses. And then, we could try to improve our strength and reduce our weaknesses. So, for me knowledge from experience is important.
- The expression "Never, never give up" means to keep trying and never stop working for your goals. Do you agree or disagree? 95
- Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 80
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Government should focus its budgets more on environmental protection than on economy Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer 90
- Some people think it’s better to live with a roommate. Other people prefer to live alone. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 57
- If you could invent something new,what product would you develop?Use spesific details to explain why this invention is needed. 66
Need to remove repetitive words.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 24 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 27 15
No. of Words: 358 350
No. of Characters: 1651 1500
No. of Different Words: 171 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.35 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.612 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.564 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 104 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 85 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 58 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 39 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 17.259 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.834 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.481 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.327 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.467 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.257 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5