Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are

Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are.

Although some people believe that advertisements are really useful for showing and introducing the products, but it seems to me that most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are.

To begin with, the advertisements broadcast on television, are the clear example of the fact that they do not show the real quality of the product. Sometimes they exaggerate the characteristics of the product. On another hand, the advertiser shows the application of the device more than it is. For example, in advertising of the household appliances like a very simple knife, they show that it cuts everything very nice by watching the advertisement you will intrigue to buy the pack of the mentioned product, but when you want to cut for example, a piece of meat, you will find that your expectations about the knife based on the advertisement are not real.

Also, the advertising companies mostly pay attention to some special groups of people like children, or some groups of people who suffer from some problems like obesity or addiction. For example, a toy company produces a simple dull with no extra quality except what it is; the advertising company uses the special effects for demonstrating the product more attractive for children. So, the naive child deceives and makes his parents to buy the dull. On the other area, nowadays, some pharmaceutical companies are working on the medicines for treating some prevalent diseases, like obesity in the industrial societies. So, the numbers of advertisements in this area are increasing; but unfortunately, the quality of the medicines in the advertisements is far from the medicines which have been made by the company. In some cases, this long distance between the product in the company and the product in the advertisement goes even further; sometimes the side effects of the product create the huge disaster for the consumers.

To put the issues into a nutshell, the advertising companies by using the special effects and diverse techniques like psychological ones demonstrate products much better than they really are.