You are herePlaying games teaches us about life!

Playing games teaches us about life!

emiku19's picture

By emiku19 - Posted on 06 November 2012

Playing games teaches us about life!

There is a quote that says that "Life is like a game" but that doesn't mean that playing games teaches us about life. The quote mentioned above wants to say that life is challenging like a game and you can be even a winner or a loser. Even thought some people think that playing games help us in life I would have to say that I can not agree with this statement.In the following paragraphs I will give some arguments that support my opinion.

First of all I would say that some games could be inspired from the real life but that doesn't mean it teaches us about the life. For me games are just a way to relax and to have fun. I would rather say that our life experience give us ideas how to play a game, how to win it learning from our mistakes.

There are some games that people call "educational games" because they are helping the children's development. Maybe the people that say that playing games teaches about life are thinking about this kind of games. In that case I have to mention that developing something is totally different that teaching something.

Last but not at least, we have to keep in mind that games should be a way of relaxation, even thought sometimes can be use as a method of learning something easier. I can not denied that there are some games that can help us to learn a lot of things. For instances some science teachers like to use games that makes the students to remember easily some hard terms or theories.

To conclude I would say that for me the most important thing that really teaches us about life are not the games we are playing but the life itself, the history, our experience of life and the real experience from other peoples lives.

TOEFL essay:Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. sheppard
TOPIC# 22 we all work in jobs with many different kinds of people. In your opinion, what are some important characteristics of a co-worker (someone you work closely with)? Ekhlass1980
Integrated essay suggested in TPO12 hajarisfahan
Integrated essay:In the past century, the steady growth of the human population and the corresponding increase in agriculture and pesticide use have caused much harm to wildlife in the United States—birds in particular. Unfortunately for birds, these tren maryam2900 sticky icon
TOEFL essay: How do movies or television influence people’s behavior? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer. sheppard
the advantages and disadvantages of working at the group! (Lecture mentions the advantages while the passage renders different ideas. maryam2900
In the 1950s Torreya taxifoha, a type of evergreen tree once very common in the state of Florida, started to die out. No one is sure exactly what caused the decline, but chances are good that if nothing is done, Torreya will soon become extinct. Experts a maryam2900 sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Actions speak louder than words.Use specific reasons and examples to support your response. paradise_shi
Integrated essay presented in TPO15 hajarisfahan sticky icon
Some people like doing work by hand. Others prefer using machines. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. annisak

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Dancing plays an important role in a culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer ioanap sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past. peyman_np sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Akbar Sabetkar sticky icon
AsthmaAsthma is ussually seen as a condition whose symptoms can be adequately controlled with the right medicines. Researchers point out that it is an intermittent disorder,characterized by temporary bouts of inflammation of the airways,which lead to typi firefly sticky icon
Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. jaanu28
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Hi, Please check my essa Hakimeh
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television advertising directed toward young children (aged 2 to 5) should not be allowed. peyman_np
The rules that the whole society today expects young people to follow are too strict. echoqishu
do you agree or disagree with the following statement? distance learning and computer online class should replace classroom learning. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. salah5531
As countries have developed there has been a trend towards smaller family sizes.Why does this happen? How does this affect society? Akbar Sabetkar

Need to have more vocabulary words and also remove repetitive words like 'I would say'.

Read other top essays to get some ideas:
http://www.testbig.com/top-scored-essays/TOEFL