You are herePlaying games teaches us about life!

Playing games teaches us about life!

emiku19's picture

By emiku19 - Posted on 06 November 2012

Playing games teaches us about life!

There is a quote that says that "Life is like a game" but that doesn't mean that playing games teaches us about life. The quote mentioned above wants to say that life is challenging like a game and you can be even a winner or a loser. Even thought some people think that playing games help us in life I would have to say that I can not agree with this statement.In the following paragraphs I will give some arguments that support my opinion.

First of all I would say that some games could be inspired from the real life but that doesn't mean it teaches us about the life. For me games are just a way to relax and to have fun. I would rather say that our life experience give us ideas how to play a game, how to win it learning from our mistakes.

There are some games that people call "educational games" because they are helping the children's development. Maybe the people that say that playing games teaches about life are thinking about this kind of games. In that case I have to mention that developing something is totally different that teaching something.

Last but not at least, we have to keep in mind that games should be a way of relaxation, even thought sometimes can be use as a method of learning something easier. I can not denied that there are some games that can help us to learn a lot of things. For instances some science teachers like to use games that makes the students to remember easily some hard terms or theories.

To conclude I would say that for me the most important thing that really teaches us about life are not the games we are playing but the life itself, the history, our experience of life and the real experience from other peoples lives.

musrah india

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

What discovery in the last 100 years has been most beneficial for people in your country? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice. ali.darudi
Should we require our young children (aged 5-10) to learn music and art in addition to math, science, history, and language? echoqishu sticky icon
Essay Subject Many people believe that it very important to make large amounts of money ,while others are satisfied to earn a comfortable living . Analyze each view point and take stand give the specific reasons for your position deepali1234
Leaders like John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King have made important contributions to the people of the United States. Name another world leader you think is important. Give specific reasons for your choice. annisak
TOEFL essay: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People are never satisfied with what they have; they always want something more or something different. Use specific reasons to support your answer. sheppard
If you could invent something new,what product would you develop?Use spesific details to explain why this invention is needed. Ana
TOEFL essay:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the help of technology, student nowadays can learn more information and learn it more quickly. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. sheppard
It has recently been announced that a new high school may be built in your community. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details in your answer. hossein021
Immigrants to a country should be forced to learn that country's language.Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Rasha sticky icon
Nowadays food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Ariana2811

TOPIC # 56 A company is going to give some money either to support the arts or to protect the environment. Which do you think the company should choose? Ekhlass1980
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Actions speak louder than words.Use specific reasons and examples to support your response. paradise_shi
TOEFL integrated writing: fuel-cell engines nargess1981
TOEFL essay writing pattern 2 : choice type, A or B sheppard sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Money can't buy happiness.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. pkesf52513
Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. jaanu28
We all work or will work in our jobs with many different kinds of people. In your opinion, what are some important characteristics of a co-worker (someone you work closely with)? Use reasons and specific examples to explain why these characteristics are i zeezoo
Advertisements influence people's behavior in a negative way. Do you agree or disagree with the statement. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. nargess1981
What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important. zeezoo
Sample TOEFL essay: do you agree or disagree with the following statement? people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer sheppard

Need to have more vocabulary words and also remove repetitive words like 'I would say'.

Read other top essays to get some ideas:
http://www.testbig.com/top-scored-essays/TOEFL