Question:-> Summarize the points made in the lecture you just heard, explaining how they cast doubt on points made in the reading.Reading Passage:->Scant physical evidence remains of the first human domestication of grain. Still, there is enough to conclu

Question:-> Summarize the points made in the lecture you just heard, explaining how they cast doubt on points made in the reading.

Reading Passage:->
Scant physical evidence remains of the first human domestication of grain. Still, there is enough to conclude that ancient peoples, motivated by the nutritional value of bread or cakes make of wild wheat, looked for controlled ways to grow ut to provide a consistent food supply. Three related discoveries are likely to have led to the introduction of bread as the first grain-based food.

The first discovery was that wheat could be prepared for use by grinding. People probably began consuming wheat by chewing it raw. Because wheat is very hard, they gradually discovered that it was less trouble to eat if crush to paste between two stones. The result would have been the ancestor of the drier more powdery wheat flour we use today.

From there, it was a short step to the next breakthrough- baking the simplest brand, which requires no technology but fire. Loaves of wheat past, when baked into bread, could be stored for long periods, certainly longer than raw seeds. This kept the food value of wheat available for and extended period after it had been harvested.

Finally, ancient peoples found that, if the paste was allowed to sit in the open, yeast spores from the air settled on it and began fermenting the wheat. This natural process of fermentation caused bubbles to form in the wheat paste, suggesting that it would be lighter in texture and even easier to eat when baked.

Essay topics in audio

In the lecture, professor provided various point describing the first wheat product. She argued that beer was the first wheat food not bread. This is different from the reading passage which states that the bread is the first wheat product. Professor cast various doubts on passage using several points.

First, to make wheat softer, nutritious and sweet sprouting is done. Professor says that grounding of wheat is not required to make it softer. Once the wheat is placed in the moist environment, its sprouting occurs due to which it automatically become soft and easy to eat. However, passage s...

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/toefl