Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways or should governments spend more money on improving public transportations buses trains subways Why

Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spend more money on improving public transportations (buses, trains, subways)? Why?

In my opinion both of the mentioned cases are important and have their advantages and disadvantages. For example the highways are a good way not to confront with the heavy traffic of the city center. On the contrary, the advantages of public transportation ways are less traffic and thus pollution and more communication between people in a same town. The convergence of the mentioned states is their transportation action.

At first we should mention that the highways and roads are one of the most important ways in transportation, because, if you want to travel to another city or have a trip, it is inevitable that you need the roads. Moreover, highways are very useful when you have not much time to reach your workplace. For example, consider that you live in the south of the city and work at the north. The city center is also very crowded and has a heavy traffic. Then which do you prefer? Go along with the noisy traffic or drive faster and more comfortable in the highways? I myself prefer the last.

Secondly, as everyone drives his car for even not an important task, the exhaust smoke will pollute the air and harm everybody and of course himself. So if the governments spend the transportation budget on improving the public transportation ways, at least they can reduce the traffic and so the air pollution. It is such an important thing that should have been considered.

Finally, I am of the opinion that when people in one city use public transportation ways, they have enough time to meet some different and new persons and have a good speech through the way. This makes them more hospitable and social. It is one of the best benefits of public transportation that you can not achieve driving your own car.

To conclude, there is no denying that all kinds of transportation ways are needed, but each of them has its different advantages. Your opinion depends on which do you prefer; being faster or on the other hand, have less environmental problems and areas of congestion. I do believe that beyond all these things, the most important thing is the use of them to facilitate our daily lives.