in some classes course grades are based solely on exams while in other classes grades are based more on class participation than on exams Which type of grading you prefer Use specific reasons to support your response

in some classes, course grades are based solely on exams, while in other classes, grades are based more on class participation than on exams. Which type of grading you prefer? Use specific reasons to support your response.

Today’s classes have various ways in grading system. Some of them prefer grading systems are based on final exams rather then class participation. But, when it comes to me, the latter will be more objective for several reasons. It will trigger student being more active, creative, and have critical thinking.

In a class where the grading system is based on class participation, the students are required to give their ideas about a subject in order to get a good score for the class. So, there is no doubt that this grading system will create the class environment more alive since every student in that class speaks up and transfers his idea. Furthermore, class participation also takes account on present that will make lecturer has close relation and knows his students well. The lecture will not miss-grade his students because he knows the ability of every student in his class very well.This is another part that makes class participation more important than exams.

Moreover, Class participation always urges students to think out of the box.Thus, they have to think creatively and gain more knowledge outside the class. Take me as a good example, when i was in college, my lecturer stated that he would give the higher score to those who could express the best idea about the subject he gave. I and some of my friends really worked hard to obtain information about the subject as much as possible. It made us to create study group and studied together after class. And we also spent much time at the library in order to get good understanding about the subject , so we can give a good idea about the subject in our own way.

Class participation also will make us to think about something more critical. Since we have many information whether from our friend’s idea or from the reading sources that we read, it will make tend to think objectively in order to get the best idea about that think.

To conclude, I personally believe that class participation is the best way to grade a student. It will represent the overall ability of one student and it also lead them to be an independent in the future.

Some of them prefer grading systems are based on final exams rather then class participation.
Some of them prefer grading systems which are based on final exams rather than class participation.

class participation also takes account on present that will make lecturer has close relation and knows his students well.
class participation also takes account on present that will make lecturer which has close relation and knows his students well.

I and some of my friends
some of my friends and I

Don't put two verbs in one sentence.