Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

The progress made by human civilization has been tremendous in recent years. We are living in a technologically advanced society unimagined by our ancestors. However this progress has harmed our planet Earth to an extent that if steps towards prevention are not taken soon, we will deprive our future generations of its natural beauty and other critical resources. Also we are putting our life in peril by overlooking our mistakes.

Firstly, as the quality of life has improved in recent years many people are capable of purchasing their own vehicles. This has increased the use of private vehi...

Sentence: Several researches shows that if their use is not controlled, our progeny will be completely deprived of their benefits.
Description: The fragment researches shows that is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace shows with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Sentence: Also rainwater is acidic due to high content of carbon dioxide in atmoshpere making our drinking water polluted.
Error: atmoshpere Suggestion: atmosphere

Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/toefl