Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really don t need Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives Which viewpoint do you agree with

Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really don’t need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives .Which viewpoint do you agree with?

There is no doubt that advertising has both its good and bad sides. But I am inclined to believe that it has more advantages than disadvantages.

I do not agree with the statement that advertisement makes people buy things that they do not need, because in my opinion people, especially adults always have the chance to choose whether they need this thing or not. It is indisputable that the influence of advertisement is huge on humans, but often not so much as to persuade someone to buy unnecessary things.

The other reason for my viewpoint is that advertisement helps us to learn about many new goods, to get informed about new inventions and so on. Imagine you have an intention to buy a new thing, for example, a type of mobile. There is a great variety, and of course you do not know all characteristic features and parameters of it. So here the advertisement is helpful . With the help of it you can have at least a basic idea about that product.

Another problem is, when the advertisement is not presented objectively. For instance, you can hear about many peculiarities and advantages of a product on TV, but this does not always coincide with reality, because the priorities are exaggerated.
However, the customer always has an opportunity to choose, and so it is not true to say that advertisements encourage people to obtain things they do not need.

First step to improve: write the essay with more vocabulary words.