Some students like classes where teachers lecture in the class others prefer classes where the students do some of the talking what do you prefer give reasons and examples

Some students like classes where teachers lecture in the class. others prefer classes where the students do some of the talking.what do you prefer .give reasons and examples

There are many ways of teaching to students and each professor follows accordingly. However, I prefer classes where the students also do some talking and I can provide certain reasons and examples for holding that opinion.

Firstly, If the teacher continues to lecture without giving any chance for the students to talk, teacher will be left with no idea about how far the students has understood the topic. If the teachers spend some time at the end of the class for discussion and if he gives a chance for the students to ask questions, this increases the scope of learning for students and this helps all other students in the class too. In addition, teachers also come up with new ideas while discussing with students. I remember, once my professor explained the topic about “Techniques to record the radiographs of a patient?” and at the end of the class he asked the students to come up with any comments or the questions they have. We are raised with many questions regarding procedures to record radiographs and we asked him, he explained it clearly once again and took all the students to the lab and showed it practically, which made us to understand it clearly.

Secondly, a good relationship between the professor and student is very important for learning. If professor goes on teaching and if he never gives the chance for the students to talk, the students will end up in having many questions. The students do not feel free with the professor to ask questions, there are chances to develop fear for professor, and this decreases the scope of learning for students. For instance, my math professor in our college teaches well but he never allowed the students to talk in the classes. So we did not get any chance to ask him the questions and we also feel embarrassed to clear our doubts and slowly we developed fear for the professor and we scored less grades.

In conclusion, because of the above reasons, I prefer the classes where students are given chance to talk by which they overcome the fears and also they can learn more by offering a chance to participate in class discussions.

how far the students has understood the topic.
Suggestion: how far the students have understood the topic.