TOEFL essay hints:Topic 109,110,111

TOEFL essay hints:Topic 109,110,111

109. When people move to another country, some of them decide to follow the customs of the new country. Others prefer to keep their own customs. Compare these two choices. Which one do you prefer? Support your answer with specific details.

We need to follow the customs of the new country
1) First, follow the new customs does not mean getting rid of all old customs. To keep the society diverse, people also should keep some own customs. Take Canada as a good example
2) To melt into the new society, people should follow some customs of the new country. Take the early colonists as an example. If they did not follow the new customs, if they did not get along with the native Americans, none of them could survive the early colonial hardships. And due to this, America created a new culture which is different from that of Europe.

110. Some people prefer to spend most of their time alone. Others like to be with friends most of the time. Do you prefer to spend your time alone or with friends? Use specific reasons to support your answer
Similar to #44
Prefer to spend the time with friends.
1)Share the knowledge and experience with friends; 2)To build better friendship;3)Enjoy the spare time

111. Some people prefer to spend time with one or two close friends. Others choose to spend time with a large number of friends. Compare the advantages of each choice. Which of these two ways of spending time do you prefer? Use specific reasons to support your answer
Similar to #44 and #I 10
Spend time with one or two close friends.
1) Close friends always have similar interests or hobbit as you do; 2) Close friends know each other well
3) Close friends could help you release pressure.