Toefl Integrated writing-American wood companies adopting ecofriendly practices.

The article states that American wood companies would not adopt environment friendly practices used by companies around the world in order to make their product ecologically certified and provide three reasons for support.However the professor refutes each of the author's reasons.

Firstly,the reading claims that american consumers don't trust claims made by advertisers and hence won't give any importance to the ecoceetification label.This makes American wood companies unlikely to adopt the eco-friendly practices.The professor however refutes this point by saying that american consumers do have faith in claims made by independent agency with good reputation around the world.He states that since the ecocertification label is provided to these products through independent consumer agency,ecologically minded consumers will have faith in their claims.

Secondly,the reading posits that american consumer give high importance to price of a product.As ecocertified wood will cost more,american consumers are highly unlikely to buy them.However the professor says that when difference between two products is very small such as in the case of certified wood products,consumers rely on other factors to make their decision on purchase.According to the professor,as most american consumers today value the importance of protecting their environment,they would be more influenced to buy ecocertified products.

Thirdly,the reading says that american companies sell their products in their own country and have a highly satisfied customer base.This makes them reluctant to adopt ecofriendly practices.The professor opposes this point by explaining that consumers today have become more ecofriendly which could result in foreign companies entering american market due to lack of ecocertified wood products made by domestic companies.According to the professor this could in result foreign competition for US companies which make them more willing to adopt ecofriendly practices.