TOEFL TWE Level 5 and sample essay

TOEFL TWE Level 5 and sample essay

A typical paper at this level 5:
-- may address some parts of the task more effectively than others
-- is generally well organized and developed
-- uses details to support a thesis or illustrate an idea
-- displays facility in the use of language
-- demonstrates some syntactic variety and range of vocabulary though it will probably have occasional errors

Topic:
Think of the most interesting class you have ever taken. Why did you enjoy this class so much? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

Essay:
The most interesting class I have ever taken was microeconomics class, the first course to be taken as a beginning of the economics study.

It is remembered so vividly because, above all, I was under tremendous pressure when I was taking the course as most of my classmates were. None of us were accepted to the economics major yet, and the grade we got on this course will play a crucial part in admission process.

However, the fundamental reason that I enjoyed it so much was that after a month or so, I was able to read and understand financial newspaper such as Wall Street Journal. Sometimes, I was absorbed in what was happening in the real world so much that I neglected to study textbooks carefully.

I also had a pleasure of having the best TA (teaching assistant) I had ever had. University of California is a huge school and there are just too many students in each class. As undergraduate students, we don't have chance to see the professor in person very often. TA's are the ones who directly influence our progresses in class. My TA in that class was no less clear in explaining the class material than the professor, and he inspired us to have interests in economic interpretations of real world.

Not everyone get to have the previlege of knowing exactly what to do with their lives. The fun of understanding economics and business made me sure that I would have my career in that field and get MBA degree.