TOPIC# 25 It has recently been announced that a large shopping center may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why?

Having a large shopping center in the vicinity would change many things for the neighborhood, either positively or negatively. It’s most negative effects would be traffic congestion and lack of parking spaces in the neighborhood. However, I would support this plan as it would bring many conveniences, job opportunities with itself, and enhance the prosperity of area.

First, a large shopping center in the area brings a big convenience to its residents, as it would have numerous varied shops offering clothing, appliances, and everything we need. Hardly would we need to drive long distances, and suffer the traffic jams to visit other shopping malls. For instance, a few years ago, a massive shopping center was established in our vicinity. Now, we usually do almost all of our shopping in the neighborhood.

Second, a new shopping center would create many vacancies for residents. It would require a lot of staffs as managers, cashiers, drivers, and et cetera. Besides, it is natural that shops’ owners would look for and call for workforces from the neighborhood to reduce the traffic and the workers’ lateness. Residents would also appreciate the chance of working near home.

Third, a new shopping center would attract many other businesses such as restaurants, and entertainment facilities since it would bring many visitors and costumers to the vicinity. Moreover, people coming from other parts of city for both shopping and enjoying the amenities would bring a great deal of money to the area. The flow of money to the area as well as numerous amenities would help the district flourish more. Back to the previous example, it is indisputable how much our locality has thrived since then. Everything is available in the area. It has also tripled the value of properties, here.

All in all, I think that having a new shopping center in the area brings many goods that outweigh its few disadvantages. I feel this way because it provides the local inhabitants with variety of amenities and job positions, and considerably improves the district.

It’s most negative effects would be traffic congestion
Its most negative effects would be traffic congestion

Some duplicate words.