Topic 99: You have been told that dormitory rooms at your university must be shared by two students. Would you rather have the university assign a student to share a room with you, or would you rather choose your own roommate? Use specific reasons and det

Topic 99: You have been told that dormitory rooms at your university must be shared by two students. Would you rather have the university assign a student to share a room with you, or would you rather choose your own roommate? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

One of the most important things for students in their student lives is their roommates. It is important because students have influence on each other and can learn or imitate each other's habits, behaviors, or even social manners. Some people are sensitive about their roommates and they themselves should find their roommates, on the other hand, some people, including me, are not concerned about their roommates and can live with everyone. With having the choice between choosing my own roommate and delegating it to university, I prefer to have it done by university. I believe that, in this condition, I will meet new people and also gain new experiences.

Main reason that I prefer to delegate the decision of choosing the roommate to university is meeting new people. If university distributes students in dorm rooms, a lot of students with different races and cultures will be roommate together and can get familiar with a variety of the cultures. As an instance, one of my friends studying in Sweden tells me about lots of cultural information which he has learned from his roommates who are from different nationalities such as Chinese, Russian, and Arabic. Therefore, I like to live with exotic person chosen for me by university as the roommate.

Another reason of supporting the selection of roommate by university is to prepare ourselves for entering society. Finishing university and entering society, I have to deal with people who might have each kind of personalities and behaviors. If I had an experience of living with different persons, I would easily understand everyone in my social life. In order to explain my experience in dormitory, when I were living with my roommates I found out that sometimes I should not persist on my attitude even if it be true because maybe others dislike and can't tolerate. This point helped me a lot in my real life and resulted in finding great opportunities for jobs.

In my opinion, delegating the task of choosing roommate to university is the best one. Because we meet new people, cultures, and we can gain experiences for adult lives. Dorm life is the best time for each student to experience new things and avoid routine days.

Need to remove repetitive words and sentences.