A university education should be provided free of charge to all interested scholars Do you agree or disagree with the statement Use examples and reasons to support your position

A university education should be provided free of charge to all interested scholars.

Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Use examples and reasons to support your position.

I agree with the statement that a university education should be provided free of all charge to all interested scholars. The reason I agree with this is that I think that this way everyone gets a chance to go to the university and that free education might attract more students in the long run and ultimately leading to more people getting a higher education.

Universities here in the United States are very expensive and this scares a lot of students away, because for most students, getting education and going to school means they will have to get student loans and be in debt for a long time. They know they will have to pay off their student loans for many years after graduation and this I believe scares many potentially interested scholars away. If universities would provide free education then not only scholars who come from rich families or are willing to get student loans are able to go to the university but everyone who wants to try to get a higher degree and school would become more available to everyone who wants to go to the university.

Take for instance the education system in Europe, it works and it is much cheaper, most of the costs are funded by the government and therefore more students get higher education because they do not have to worry about loans or high costs of the school. Almost all high school students go to college or universities because it is the natural following step, it is the next part of your education and it doesn’t cost you that much extra money either so there is little reason not to do it. Europe has worked with this school system for a long time so why would it not work everywhere like this.

Also, when students don’t have to worry about the high costs of their educations and their student loans then they can focus more on their studies instead. A lot of students here in America have to get jobs while studying to pay for school and therefore loose time to study. If they didn’t have to worry about money they wouldn’t have to work necessarily or as much and could be totally focused on schoolwork.

Ultimately I believe that education should be free, it should be available for and to everyone who wants to go to the university. Governments should provide funding to cover most of the expenses and that way allow universities to provide admittance and education free or at a much lower cost. That way more students would be able to go to school that otherwise might be scared by the high costs of education. Furthermore, students already in school would have to worry less about their debts and student loans and focus more on their studies. In the end I think it would lead to more students getting a higher education and I believe this will only benefit society as a whole.

A lot of repetitive words should be removed.