Which kind of movies do you prefer serious ones that make you think or amusing and entertaining ones

Which kind of movies do you prefer (serious ones that make you think or amusing and entertaining ones)?

In my opinion, this issue is completely individual and variable amongst different persons because everyone in every different time of his life has a different mood. So, undoubtedly, one cannot say something general about this selection. But, I myself, in some cases prefer watching serious movies that makes me think about the elements and symbols that were used in them and in the other cases I like watching some amusing ones. However, I do mostly prefer watching entertaining ones. The reasons are discussed below.

The first goal of watching a movie is to change your current status and to feel different. There is no doubt that movies definitely have the power to do so! Regarding the stated reason, in a bad situation such as bored feelings of a hard working day, the amusing movies can help me so much to change my mood and forget about the bad day I have passed. These kinds of movies not only are so funny and entertaining, but also they do not need any concentration on the ongoing story. Thus, there would be an absolute enjoying while watching them.

Furthermore, another goal for watching a movie could be a reason on which some friends gather in a place, crack nuts, talk about different subjects, telling jokes and making laugh while watching a funny movie. Abreast watching a comedy or even a nice animation film, this reunion would be exciting and surely changes your bad mood and takes you far from daily businesses and let you relax for a while. It is obvious that no other kinds of movies can do such a great job.

Like every subject in this world, this debate has an exception that, from my point of view, is true too. This exception is watching serious movies. I myself do strongly believe that the real meaning of the cinema, as one of the greatest industries and achievements of the last century, could be found within the layers of this kind of movies. For example, masterpieces of some famous directors like Alfred Hitchcock, Stanley Kubrick and Krzysztof Kieslowski are really valuable and one should watch them carefully so many times in order to find out the hidden meaning of the story and this makes a movie adorable. But one should not forget that watching these movies requires a special condition.

Though I feel with all above references, we can generalize the conclusion that being completely individual, watching different types of movies completely depends on your mood and situation. So, no one can decisively assert that one should or should not watch a special kind of movie. In my opinion, watching movies, though it is marginal hobby of mine, is related in so many reasons that the most important of them can be enjoying your day for a while and no matters what others think about it.

I myself, in some cases prefer watching serious movies that makes me think about the elements and symbols that were used in them and in the other cases I like watching some amusing ones.
I myself, in some cases prefer watching serious movies that makes me think about the elements and symbols that were used in them,(Don't forget punctuation marks.) and in the other cases I like watching some amusing ones.

some friends gather in a place, crack nuts, talk about different subjects, telling jokes and making laugh while watching a funny movie.
some friends gather in a place, crack nuts, talk about different subjects, tell jokes and make laugh while watching a funny movie.

...Krzysztof Kieslowski are really valuable and one should watch them carefully so many times in order to find out the hidden meaning of the story and this makes a movie adorable.
...Krzysztof Kieslowski are really valuable,(Don't forget punctuation marks.) and one should watch them carefully so many times in order to find out the hidden meaning of the story and this makes a movie adorable.