Which way is better for students - to choose books to read by themselves or to let their teachers assign the reading list?

In order to improve learning strategies, an educational system has been trying to experiment which method is a best fit to the students. Some people believe in the teachers’ decision and let the teacher assign the reading list; however, in my opinion, allowing the students to choose books to read by themselves would optimize an outcome of studying.

To begin with, I believe that each person as a distinct life’s style of learning. When the students are happy with what they are studying, they would create they own strategies and obtain maximal results of studying. Give myself for an instance, when I was in high school, mostly the teachers assigned the books we need to read. We had to memorize as much as we could to get ready for the exam. Of course, I did not like the books that the teachers provided to us because there is not picture. So, it was hard for me to understand and I did not do well in the test. On the other hand, when I was in the college, there was an assignment from the professor to gather the information of one drug. I had a freedom to read, so I love what I am doing. Finally, I got “A” on that assignment because I love what I like to read. To let the students choose what they want to read would lead the students to lighten their own life’s style of learning and achieve the epic learning.

In addition, letting the students to select what they prefer to study, indirectly teaches them to learn how to take a responsibility on their own life. For example, when I was taking a master program of Biochemistry, I had to do a research. I had my own project, which I had to figure out an experimental design by myself. I knew that I had to respond on this project; so everyday I had to study on the other people’s research articles. Consequently, I chose which papers I liked to ready. Eventually, I modified my own experiment from what I read. From this example clearly illustrate that giving students a freedom would allow the students learn how to respond their own life.

To sum up, doing what the students like to do would optimize the performance of learning and it also indirectly guide them to learn how to learn the word of “responsibility.” So, I highly encourage the teachers to let the students walk by their own legs proudly.

Sentence: In order to improve learning strategies, an educational system has been trying to experiment which method is a best fit to the students.
Description: The token a is not usually followed by an adjective, superlative
Suggestion: Refer to a and best

Sentence: When the students are happy with what they are studying, they would create they own strategies and obtain maximal results of studying.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: their own

Need to polish sentences. Most of the sentences start with the subject 'I' in examples.