TPO 01 - Question 3 Letter in the Centerville College News The administration has plans to acquire a new sculpture for campus. We should all oppose this plan. The university’s poor financial condition led it to increase the price for campus housing an

Speaking topics in text: 

TPO 01 - Question 3

Letter in the Centerville College News

The administration has plans to acquire a new sculpture for campus. We should all oppose this plan. The university’s poor financial condition led it to increase the price for campus housing and tuition by 15% this past year. Surely then it is no financial position to purchase such an expensive sculpture. Moreover, just look at the sculpture: several 60-foot ling steel plates, jutting out of the earth at odd angles! It’s so large, it’ll take up all the green space in front of the campus center! This is public space that should be reserved for students to use.

Speaking topics in audio: 

Explain why the woman disagrees with the reasons expressed in the letter.

Speaking category: 
Your rating: None Average: 7.7 (3 votes)
This speaking topic by other users:
Post date Users Rates More about the speaking
1 month 3 weeks ago Maryabb 90 Read full essay
4 months 4 days ago ying.ma 70 Read full essay
5 months 3 days ago toeflibt.ara 90 Read full essay
5 months 3 days ago toeflibt.ara 63 Read full essay
5 months 2 weeks ago Tulips 80 Read full essay
6 months 1 week ago toeflibt.ara 90 Read full essay
8 months 1 week ago donya goodarz 53 Read full essay
8 months 2 weeks ago mgrajapt 20 Read full essay

Pages

More speakings by this user:
Extensive reading & listening: - reading & listening will help speaking
Intensive TOEFL reading & listening from TPO:

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

The author of the letter is opposing the school’s plan of putting a new sculpture on campus, because it’s too expensive and it takes up too much public space. In the conversation, the woman disagrees with the opinion stated in the letter. First of all, the school isn’t spending any money toward the sculpture, a donor is paying the bill. She thinks it’s nice to have some art on campus. Second, she says that Paul is disagreeing with the plan for he and his friends are always playing soccer at where the sculpture will be. It’s inconvenient for him and his friends, that they’ll have to find somewhere else to play.

Pages