TPO 02 - Question 4 Social Interaction People deal with each other every day. This interaction is at the heart of social life. The study of social interaction is concerned with the influence people have over one another’s behavior. People take each othe

Speaking topics in text: 

TPO 02 - Question 4

Social Interaction

People deal with each other every day. This interaction is at the heart of social life. The study of social interaction is concerned with the influence people have over one another’s behavior. People take each other into account in their daily behavior and in fact, the very presence of others can affect behavior. For example, one principle of social interaction, audience effects, suggests that individuals’ work is affected by their knowledge that they are visible to others, that the presence of others tends to alter the way people behave or perform an activity.

Speaking topics in audio: 

Explain how the examples of tying shoes and learning to type demonstrate the principle of audience effects.

Speaking category: 
Your rating: None Average: 10 (1 vote)
This speaking topic by other users:
Post date Users Rates More about the speaking
1 month 4 weeks ago ying.ma 70 Read full essay
3 months 1 week ago Tulips 71 Read full essay
3 months 2 weeks ago Av9ash 80 Read full essay
5 months 2 days ago daniel8564 51 Read full essay
5 months 3 weeks ago donya goodarz 50 Read full essay
6 months 1 week ago mgrajapt 0 Read full essay
7 months 3 weeks ago JohnNYC 60 Read full essay
7 months 4 weeks ago mgrajapt 80 Read full essay
8 months 4 days ago Toefl2016 90 Read full essay
9 months 2 weeks ago nasimn 60 Read full essay

Pages

More speakings by this user:
Extensive reading & listening: - reading & listening will help speaking

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

The professor talks about audience effect which means people would perform differently when they know they are being watched. In the first example, two groups of students were asked to put on some shoes, while the first group knew they were being watched, the other group didn’t. The result shows that the first group put on the shoes faster than the second group. The same thing happens when people learn a new activity. When we learn how to type, and know that we are being observed, we would type faster, but we will also make more mistakes.

Pages