Q4.35 A marsh is a type of wetland, an area of land where water covers ground for long periods of time.Using the main points and examples describe three types of marshes.

Speaking topics in text

Q4.35 A marsh is a type of wetland, an area of land where water covers ground for long periods of time.
Using the main points and examples describe three types of marshes.

A marsh is a type of wetland, an area of land where water covers ground for long periods of time. Unlike swamps, which are dominated by trees, marshes are usually treeless and dominated by grasses and other herbaceous plants. Herbaceous plants have no woody stem above ground, and they grow and die back on a regular cycle. Herbaceous plants can be annuals (which grow anew every year), biennials (which take two years to complete their life cycle), or perennials (which take more than two years to complete their life cycle.) Marsh grasses and other herbaceous plants grow in the waterlogged but rich soil deposited by rivers. The plants roots bind to the muddy soil and slow the water flow, encouraging the spread of the marsh. These watery pastures are rich in biodiversity.

Online speaking recording
Speaking category