TPO 01 - Question 6

Speaking topics in text: 

TPO 01 - Question 6

Speaking topics in audio: 

Using the research described by the professor, explain what scientists have learned about the mathematical abilities of babies.

Speaking category: 
Your rating: None Average: 10 (1 vote)
This speaking topic by other users:
Post date Users Rates More about the speaking
2 months 4 days ago ying.ma 65 Read full essay
3 months 4 days ago toeflibt.ara 76 Read full essay
3 months 2 weeks ago Tulips 83 Read full essay
4 months 1 week ago toeflibt.ara 90 Read full essay
6 months 4 days ago donya goodarz 65 Read full essay
6 months 2 weeks ago mgrajapt 0 Read full essay
8 months 2 weeks ago Toefl2016 80 Read full essay
9 months 2 weeks ago Nasim N 0 Read full essay
9 months 3 weeks ago mgrajapt 0 Read full essay
9 months 4 weeks ago Taofiq hasan 0 Read full essay

Pages

More speakings by this user:
Extensive reading & listening: - reading & listening will help speaking

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

Research suggests that babies as young as five month old can do some basic math. The professor gives us a study to confirm the suggestion is true. In the study, a baby is shown a doll on a table. Then the researcher lowers a screen in front of the doll, and puts a second doll behind the screen. But at the same time, they secretly take away one doll. When the screen is raised back up, the baby’s surprised to see only one doll on the table instead of two. The researchers know it’s surprised, because babies stare when surprised. This is how they confirmed that a baby knows one plus one equals two, not one.

Another sample Answer to this speaking in text:

Well, the professor describes an experiment conducted by scientists to tell whether babies are able to add numbers or not. The scientists put a doll in front of the baby and then used a plate to hide the doll behind it. Although the baby couldn’t see the doll, it knew that there was a doll. Then, scientists obviously put another doll beside the previous one, yet they soon took one of the dolls away without being noticed by the baby. When they finally moved the plate away, the baby, expecting to see two dolls, only saw one, and it appeared to be surprised. Scientists then assume that if the baby could not add, it wouldn’t be surprised when it saw that there was only one doll but not two.

Pages