TPO 15 - Question 6

Speaking topics in text

TPO 15 - Question 6

Speaking category

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

The professor talks about how the location of a bird’s eyes is so important for it’s survival. For example, hawks have forward facing eyes that are located on the front of their skull. This eye location allow hawks to clearly see and judge distance. And because they can correctly perceive height, width and depth, they can spot a mouse from high up the sky and dive down to catch it successfully. On the other hand, animals like duck have eyes that locate on both sides of their skull. This means when they are eating grasses and insects by the lake, they can see fox coming from either side. And that will give them a chance to fly away before it’s too late.

1. Birds have some of the best vision capabilities in the animal kingdom.
2. Some bird species have vision that is eight to ten times greater than humans.
3. Overall a bird's eyes are extremely important for its survival.
4. One aspect of bird's eyes that plays a role in helping them survive, in other words to find food or to avoid predators, is the position of the eyes in the skull.
5. Some birds have eyes that face forward on the skull, kind of similar to how human's eyes are positioned.
6. Forward-facing eyes allow a bird to clearly see and judge distances because it can focus on objects with both of its eyes and correctly perceive height, width and depth.
7. One type of bird with eyes positioned in the front of the skull is the hawk.
8. Hawks eat animals like mice.
9. Hawks have such good eyesight that can spot a tiny mouse in the field from high up in the air.
10. They spot the mouse and swop down to catch it.
11. Without such good eyesight, they would not be able to spot or catch their food.
12. Other birds have eyes that are located on each side of the skull.
13. This positioning of the eyes can help a bird to avoid predators.
14. Instead for just seeing what's directly in front, they can see thing that are on either side, permitting them to watch for danger in all directions.
15. Imagine a duck waiting near the edge of a lake.
16. It needs to spend time eating grasses and insects.
17. But it also is on constant lookout for danger from it predator like the fox.
18. Any eye on each side of the duck's head allows it to see a fox approaching from either side.
19. If it spots a fox, it can they fly away to safety.
20. The placements of the eyes are critical in helping the duck avoid predators.