You are hereSome students learn better by reading, other students learn more by listening to lecturer, which way is better for you and why, explain in details with examples?

Some students learn better by reading, other students learn more by listening to lecturer, which way is better for you and why, explain in details with examples?

nargess1981's picture

By nargess1981 - Posted on 04 November 2012

Speaking topic in text: 
Speaking recording: 
Your rating: None Average: 7.5 (2 votes)
More speakings by this user:

Miren India

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Describe a book that you believe is the most useful to you. Please explainthe reason and include specific examples and details in your explanation. iana
Talk about a place you enjoyed going to or visiting when you were a child. Describe the place. Explain why you enjoyed it. Vanan
Explain two types of creative writing. deepali1234
Professor: Because America is such a large country, it took a while before everyone in all areas could really share a common culture. When America was first being settled, people traveled thousands of miles to settle new areas. There was little communicat ket2014
Explain the importance of Kanzi experiment in the context of research on Primate communication Vanan sticky icon
6. Some people think that it’s necessary to prohibit people from using phonecalls in some places. Others believe that it’s inconvenient if phone calls areforbidden in some places. Which opinion do you prefer? Explain why. Yourstatement should include spec testbig2650
Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place? Use reaso Vanan
Films can tell us a lot about the country where they were made. Whathave you learned about a country from watching its movies? Use specificexamples and details to support your response. ashbi
Integrated Quest 6 : Using the main points and examples from the talk, describe the two major systems of the laboratory microscope, and then explain how to use it. annisak
TOEFL Speaking Question Type: INDEPENDENT QUESTIONS : QUESTIONS 2 and the sample answer. Ref NO:2009101802 nishith

22 in 30.

You need 2 or 3 reasons ready before talking.

Like this one, you can list the reasons in your mind quickly:

1. the teachers or lecturers have more knowledge

2. i can ask questions

3. i can share ideas

You don't talk and think what should i talk next.

If you have a 'big picture' in your mind ready then you will talk better.

Well, sometimes the mind is really empty, so what should we do in this situation:

This is the secret:

You don't care the choice is A or B, you can talk about following 3 reasons:

1. A or B can save time

2. A or B can save money

3. A or B can get more information

If you apply these 3 reasons to this speaking topic you will find out the magic.

You can prepare other 'nonsense' reasons ready in practicing to prevent nothing to talk about in real exams.

nargess1981's picture

Since I usually think more complicated than is required for TOEFL exam, I'm trying to put myself in tight situations to make my mind faster in finding reasons and speaking about them. Therefore, some times I can't find simple and suitable reasons or conveying them by simple and fluent sentences.

By the way, may I edit this audio and get a new score?

You don't need to do that. Try the simple and easiest way. People in ETS don't care how you think, how good are the ideas, they judge how you talk.

Better to leave this audio as it is since you can review later and understand why we comment on it like this.

There are a lot of speaking topics available for your practicing:
http://www.testbig.com/question/toefl-speaking-topics-wanted

nargess1981's picture

Thanks! :)