You are hereSome students learn better by reading, other students learn more by listening to lecturer, which way is better for you and why, explain in details with examples?

Some students learn better by reading, other students learn more by listening to lecturer, which way is better for you and why, explain in details with examples?

nargess1981's picture

By nargess1981 - Posted on 04 November 2012

Speaking topic in text: 
Speaking recording: 
Your rating: None Average: 7.5 (2 votes)

king somewhere

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

Name Sticky
TOEFL Speaking Question Type: INTEGRATED LISTENING/READING/SPEAKING: QUESTIONS 3 : and the sample answer.Ref NO:2009022803 TOEFL_speaking sticky icon
Movies are popular all over the world. Explain why movies are so popular. Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer. Vanan sticky icon
When famous people such as actors, athletes and rock stars give their opinions, many people listen. Do you think we should pay attention to these opinions? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Vanan
TOEFL Integrated speaking, question 5 - Briefly summarize the problem the speakers are discussing. Then state which solution you would recommend and explain the reasons for your recommendation. - Preparation Time: 20 SecondsResponse Time: 6 azita.f.t sticky icon
Some people work for a business, and some people work in their own business. Which would you prefer to do and why? Include details and examples in your explanation. Vanan sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Why or why not? Use details and examples to explain your answer. Vanan sticky icon
Name a hobby you have and explain why that influence was important. Include details and examples to support your explanation. Vanan sticky icon
TOEFL Speaking Question Type: INDEPENDENT QUESTIONS : QUESTIONS 1 and the sample answer.Ref NO:2009110101 TOEFL_speaking sticky icon
The woman expresses her opinion about the plan described in the announcement. Briefly summarize the plan. Then state her opinion about the plan and explain the reasons she gives for holding that opinion. Vanan sticky icon
TOEFL Integrated speaking, question 4 - Explain groupthink and its effects using the example of the computer company. - Preparation Time: 30 SecondsResponse Time: 60 Seconds love4life sticky icon

Name Sticky
What is the most important natural resource in your hometown and why? Give reasons and examples to explain why that natural resource is more important than others. komala sticky icon
A possession is an object that you own, If you were asked to choose one possession that you prize highly, Which one would you choose. Why? What makes this possession especially valuble to you? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice. Lauren sticky icon
Describe the woman's budgeting problem and the two suggestions that the man makes. What do you think the woman should do and why? Vanan sticky icon
The lecture and passage explains two contrasting ideas about origin of oil. Explain the major difference between them. Vanan sticky icon
Integrated speaking task 4. Lauren sticky icon
What do you think was the most important course you have had and why? Include details and examples. Vanan sticky icon

22 in 30.

You need 2 or 3 reasons ready before talking.

Like this one, you can list the reasons in your mind quickly:

1. the teachers or lecturers have more knowledge

2. i can ask questions

3. i can share ideas

You don't talk and think what should i talk next.

If you have a 'big picture' in your mind ready then you will talk better.

Well, sometimes the mind is really empty, so what should we do in this situation:

This is the secret:

You don't care the choice is A or B, you can talk about following 3 reasons:

1. A or B can save time

2. A or B can save money

3. A or B can get more information

If you apply these 3 reasons to this speaking topic you will find out the magic.

You can prepare other 'nonsense' reasons ready in practicing to prevent nothing to talk about in real exams.

nargess1981's picture

Since I usually think more complicated than is required for TOEFL exam, I'm trying to put myself in tight situations to make my mind faster in finding reasons and speaking about them. Therefore, some times I can't find simple and suitable reasons or conveying them by simple and fluent sentences.

By the way, may I edit this audio and get a new score?

You don't need to do that. Try the simple and easiest way. People in ETS don't care how you think, how good are the ideas, they judge how you talk.

Better to leave this audio as it is since you can review later and understand why we comment on it like this.

There are a lot of speaking topics available for your practicing:
http://www.testbig.com/question/toefl-speaking-topics-wanted

nargess1981's picture

Thanks! :)