You are hereSome students learn better by reading, other students learn more by listening to lecturer, which way is better for you and why, explain in details with examples?

Some students learn better by reading, other students learn more by listening to lecturer, which way is better for you and why, explain in details with examples?

nargess1981's picture

By nargess1981 - Posted on 04 November 2012

Speaking topic in text: 
Speaking recording: 
Your rating: None Average: 7.5 (2 votes)
More speakings by this user:

Name Sticky
TOEFL Integrated speaking, question 5 - Briefly summarize the problem the speakers are discussing. Then state which solution you would recommend and explain the reasons for your recommendation. - Preparation Time: 20 SecondsResponse Time: 6 ominiri sticky icon
Using the examples of kittens and geese, explain the idea of a critical period. Vanan sticky icon
What does the expression " good things come to those who wait" mean to you, and how did see that in your life? Use examples to illustrate your response. Lauren sticky icon
The students discuss two possible solutions to the woman's problem. Describe the problem. Then state which of the two solutions you prefer and explain why. Vanan
Express how the examples from the Professor's lecture illustrate the relationship between verbal and nonverbal communication. Vanan
TOEFL Speaking Question Type: INTEGRATED LISTENING/READING/SPEAKING: QUESTIONS 3 : and the sample answer.Ref NO:2009110803 TOEFL_speaking sticky icon
The professor argues for the use of pesticides. Explain her ideas on how pesticide use and health are related. Vanan sticky icon
The man expresses his opinion of the Student Association's recent purchase. State his opinion and explain the reasons he gives for holding that opinion. Vanan sticky icon
TOEFL Speaking Question Type: INTEGRATED LISTENING/READING/SPEAKING: QUESTIONS 4 : and the sample answer.Ref NO:2009092604 TOEFL_speaking sticky icon
You have just returned home after a long journey. Talk about a person whom you have missed the most and why so. Include examples and details to support your response. Vanan sticky icon

22 in 30.

You need 2 or 3 reasons ready before talking.

Like this one, you can list the reasons in your mind quickly:

1. the teachers or lecturers have more knowledge

2. i can ask questions

3. i can share ideas

You don't talk and think what should i talk next.

If you have a 'big picture' in your mind ready then you will talk better.

Well, sometimes the mind is really empty, so what should we do in this situation:

This is the secret:

You don't care the choice is A or B, you can talk about following 3 reasons:

1. A or B can save time

2. A or B can save money

3. A or B can get more information

If you apply these 3 reasons to this speaking topic you will find out the magic.

You can prepare other 'nonsense' reasons ready in practicing to prevent nothing to talk about in real exams.

nargess1981's picture

Since I usually think more complicated than is required for TOEFL exam, I'm trying to put myself in tight situations to make my mind faster in finding reasons and speaking about them. Therefore, some times I can't find simple and suitable reasons or conveying them by simple and fluent sentences.

By the way, may I edit this audio and get a new score?

You don't need to do that. Try the simple and easiest way. People in ETS don't care how you think, how good are the ideas, they judge how you talk.

Better to leave this audio as it is since you can review later and understand why we comment on it like this.

There are a lot of speaking topics available for your practicing:
http://www.testbig.com/question/toefl-speaking-topics-wanted

nargess1981's picture

Thanks! :)