You are hereSome students learn better by reading, other students learn more by listening to lecturer, which way is better for you and why, explain in details with examples?

Some students learn better by reading, other students learn more by listening to lecturer, which way is better for you and why, explain in details with examples?

nargess1981's picture

By nargess1981 - Posted on 04 November 2012

Speaking topic in text: 
Speaking recording: 
Your rating: None Average: 7.5 (2 votes)
More speakings by this user:

Name Sticky
TOEFL Speaking Question Type: INDEPENDENT QUESTIONS : QUESTIONS 1 and the sample answer.Ref NO:2009101801 TOEFL_speaking sticky icon
TOEFL Integrated speaking, question 4 - Using the example from the lecture, explain what behavior modification is and how it works. - Preparation Time: 30 SecondsResponse Time: 60 Seconds Lauren sticky icon
TOEFL Speaking Question Type: INDEPENDENT QUESTIONS : QUESTIONS 2 and the sample answer.Ref NO:2009022202 TOEFL_speaking sticky icon
Which one is the quality that is most essential to friendship: faithfulness, honesty or humor aschocolate sticky icon
TOEFL Integrated speaking, question 3 - The woman expresses her opinion about the university’s plan. State her opinion about and explain the reasons she gives for holding that opinion.- Preparation Time: 30 SecondsResponse Time: 60 Seconds Joanie198705 sticky icon
My favorite city is Vanan sticky icon
TOEFL Speaking Question Type: INTEGRATED LISTENING/READING/SPEAKING: QUESTIONS 4 : and the sample answer.Ref NO:2009110104 TOEFL_speaking sticky icon
The woman has explained to the man how to get to the part of the campus he needs to go to. Explain where the man is going to and how can he get there. Vanan sticky icon
TOEFL Integrated speaking, question 3 - The man expresses his opinion of the university’s plan to eliminate the bus service. State his opinion and explain the reasons he gives for holding that opinion. - Preparation Time: 30 SecondsResponse Time: hotmail sticky icon
Talk about an important goal in your life and what steps have you taken to reach it? Include details and examples to support your answer. Vanan

22 in 30.

You need 2 or 3 reasons ready before talking.

Like this one, you can list the reasons in your mind quickly:

1. the teachers or lecturers have more knowledge

2. i can ask questions

3. i can share ideas

You don't talk and think what should i talk next.

If you have a 'big picture' in your mind ready then you will talk better.

Well, sometimes the mind is really empty, so what should we do in this situation:

This is the secret:

You don't care the choice is A or B, you can talk about following 3 reasons:

1. A or B can save time

2. A or B can save money

3. A or B can get more information

If you apply these 3 reasons to this speaking topic you will find out the magic.

You can prepare other 'nonsense' reasons ready in practicing to prevent nothing to talk about in real exams.

nargess1981's picture

Since I usually think more complicated than is required for TOEFL exam, I'm trying to put myself in tight situations to make my mind faster in finding reasons and speaking about them. Therefore, some times I can't find simple and suitable reasons or conveying them by simple and fluent sentences.

By the way, may I edit this audio and get a new score?

You don't need to do that. Try the simple and easiest way. People in ETS don't care how you think, how good are the ideas, they judge how you talk.

Better to leave this audio as it is since you can review later and understand why we comment on it like this.

There are a lot of speaking topics available for your practicing:
http://www.testbig.com/question/toefl-speaking-topics-wanted

nargess1981's picture

Thanks! :)