TOEFL SPEAKING TASK 5: The male student want to practice basketball in winter but the gym is closed.

Speaking topics in text

A male student and a female student is chatting. The male student is in the school's basketball team, he needs to practice playing basketball everyday in the gym. He needs to stay on campus to help his history professor to compose a new book during winter break. Nevertheless, the gym is closed at that time. The female student suggests that he can go to another gym downtown. They provide one month membership that would cover the whole winter break and they have equipments he needs. But the male student says that the membership would cause seventy-five dollars per month, it's too expensive for him. He then proposes a second solution, which is to play on outside ground. But the female student pointed out that it's too cold outside, and the ground will be covered with snow.
Briefly describe the man's problem and two possible solutions. Which would you suggest him to do and why.

Online speaking recording
Speaking category