2013 HSBC Scholarships for Undergraduate Students at University College London in UK

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 04/10/2013 - 17:00

2013 HSBC Scholarships for Undergraduate Students at University College London in UKEligibility: To be considered for a scholarship you must:-be a Home (UK) student entering the first year of their programme in 2013/14;

-hold an offer of admission to study at UCL on any full-time Undergraduate Degree Programme;

-be joining UCL from a state funded secondary school (based on UCAS data).

Subject: Various Courses

Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate degree level at University College London in UK.

How to Apply: The mode of applying is by email or post. Successful candidates will be required to complete and return an award acceptance form issued by HSBC. They will also be required to attend an annual presentation ceremony in London organised by HSBC.

Provider: jointly funded by HSBC and UCL.

For Which Country: UK

For Whom: National

Description: The HSBC Scholarship was set up in 2012, funded jointly by HSBC and UCL. The scholarship is aimed at providing tuition fee funding for UK students from low income households who are joining UCL from schools in the state funded secondary sector. Five Scholarships will be awarded each year between 2012/13 and 2014/15.

Number of award(s):  Five Scholarships are offered.

Duration of award(s): Scholarship is offered for three years.

What does it cover? The successful recipients will be awarded £9,000 per year for a maximum three year period, subject to satisfactory academic progress. The scholarship is awarded to cover tuition fees (£5,000.) and maintenance (£4,000. paid in equal termly instalments).

Selection Criteria: The criterion for awarding the scholarship is financial need.

Notification: The successful candidates will be notified as soon as possible once a decision has been made, before the start of the 2013/14 academic year.

Deadline: The application deadline is Monday, 29th July 2013 at 4 pm.

Article references
scholarshipslisting.com