Allahabad University receives record no. of applications online

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 04/10/2013 - 22:00

ALLAHABAD: It is admission time and Allahabad University is witnessing a changing trend-of receiving an increasing number of applications online. The last date to submit application forms is April 14 and as on April 6, the number of applications received by the university's admission cell online was 7,064. The number has grown from 2,477 in year 2011 and over 5,000 last year.

"It seems AU this year will receive around 10,000 application forms online option as more and more candidates refrain from submitting it by hand", said director of the Admission Cell B N Singh.

The exact figure of applications received online this year would be available only on April 16, two days after the last date as the databank gets ready to throw up the number. AU would be holding entrance test for various undergraduate courses, including BA, B Sc, B Com, Law (five years) along with different professional and diploma courses including BCA, etc. in June.

"Unlike previous years, large number of aspirants have opted for this easy mode and applied online for B Sc-Math, B Sc-Bio, B Com, BA, Law five-year, M Com and MSc," said Singh. Till April 6, a total of 888 online application forms were received for PGAT, 193 for Institute of Professional Studies, 5552 for UGAT and 431 for Law five year, he added.

"Going by its popularity we would certainly try that from next year all forms for B Sc, B Com and Law are filled online and gradually for other courses too in coming years", said Singh. Since AU also serves the purpose of providing higher education to students from rural background of the district, the number of online forms is less compared to those submitted by hand at Pravesh Bhawan. The number of online applications is far bigger than in previous years so the decision of AU to give the online option was right and it will see a multifold increase in the coming years, said the director.

Article references
timesofindia.indiatimes.com