Arthur Keiser, Ph.D. and Belinda Keiser Donate to Fellowship Program on Behalf of the Keiser Mills Foundation

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sat, 04/11/2015 - 19:34

Dr. Arthur Keiser and Belinda Keiser Help Sponsor Two Students in Security Policy Studies M.A. Program who Attend George Washington University

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL / ACCESSWIRE / April 10, 2015 / Dr. Arthur Keiser and Belinda Keiser donated twenty thousand dollars to the George Washington University Fellowship program for the Elliott School of International Affairs, a program assisting graduate level students with their tuition.

The Elliott School graduate admissions team selected two students who are both in their first year in the Master of Arts Security Policy Studies program, Kaitlin Kitchen and Alexandrea Valentine. The fellowships were given after reviewing a pool of highly qualified candidates admitted to the program in the spring of 2014. The two fellowship recipients began their program in the fall of 2014.

This donation allows students like Kaitlin Kitchen to pursue an advanced degree at one of the nation's top institutions for International Affairs. "I plan to study abroad during my education at the Elliott School, which will enhance my understanding of international affairs and is an opportunity I likely would not have been able to pursue without Keiser's fellowship," said Kaitlin. Currently Kaitlin works as a consultant for the Department of Defense. Upon graduation, she plans to continue working in field, with greater expertise and credibility that her degree brings.

"Being a co-founder of Keiser University, I am well versed in the importance of higher education so making a donation to the Foundation was a natural fit with our overall vision of helping to educate and guide leaders," said Dr. Arthur Keiser.

This donation is one of many given by the Keiser's to George Washington University in support of education. Aside from their financial contributions to benefit students and organizations with an educational purpose, they also make charitable contributions to a wide variety of organizations such as the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Operation Homefront, and Legal Aid.

"I consider it an honor to assist talented students involved in our national security. I am very proud to support Valentine and Kitchen in this critically important field," said Belinda Keiser.

About Keiser University: Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university serving nearly 20,000 students pursuing doctoral through associate degrees on 17 campuses, online and internationally, employing 3,500 staff and faculty. Keiser University holds Level VI accreditation signifying recognition of its expanded doctoral degree offerings.

Sixty-two percent of KU students graduate in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and healthcare fields, providing the talented workforce necessary for Florida to compete globally.

Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.

For more information about us, please visit http://www.keiseruniversity.edu.

Contact Info:

Name: Kelli Lane
Email: kellil@keiseruniversity.edu
Organization: Keiser University
Address: 1900 W. Commercial Blvd, Suite 100, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
Phone: 954-235-0331

Video URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YHfAIdmIXw

SOURCE: Keiser University

Article references
finance.yahoo.com