Australia : The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sat, 04/06/2013 - 05:00

google scholarshipDr. Anita Borg devoted her adult life to revolutionising the way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields. Her combination of technical expertise and fearless vision continues to inspire and motivate countless women to become active participants and leaders in creating technology.

As part of Google’s ongoing commitment to furthering Anita’s vision, we are pleased to announce The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship: Asia-Pacific (APAC). Through the scholarship, we aim to encourage women to excel in computing and technology, and become active role models and leaders.

Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic performance, leadership experience and demonstrated passion for computer science. A group of female Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD students will be chosen from the applicant pool across Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia and India. Each scholarship recipient will receive a scholarship amount specific to their local region in respect to tuition.

All scholarship recipients will be invited to visit a Google office in Sydney, Australia for a networking retreat. It will include workshops with a series of speakers, panels, breakout sessions and social activities, and will provide an opportunity to meet and share experiences.

Applicants must:

Please complete the online application and submit all required documents online by 31st of May, 2013. First-time users will be required to register and create an account. You will be asked to submit electronic versions of the following:

For specific questions not answered on this page or in the FAQ section, please e-mail anitaborg-apac@google.com. The subject field of your email must include “Anita Borg Question”.

All scholarship recipients will be invited to an expenses paid retreat held in Sydney, Australia in September. In addition to free time for sightseeing and socializing, the formal part of the retreat typically includes:

You can read the scholars’ interview about the 2012 Asia Anita Borg Memorial Scholars’ Retreat in Singapore on Google Student Blog.

We look forward to receiving your application!

Further Information

Application Deadline : 31 May 2013

Download this Call as PDF