Delhi University: Management admissions to begin from May 21

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 05/20/2013 - 14:00

NEW DELHI: Admissions to Bachelor with Honours of Management Studies, the new non-technical professional course to be introduced by Delhi University under its four-year undergraduate programme, will open on May 21.

The university has earlier decided to do away with Bachelor of Business Studies, Bachelor of Financial Investment and Analysis and BA (Honours) of Business Economics and introduce the new course in their place.

According to sources in the university administration, seven colleges so far have been allowed to start the course. However, the other colleges which offered the earlier courses and teachers employed there are a worried lot.

The colleges offering the new management course include Saheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, Keshav Mahavidyalaya, SGTB Khalsa College, Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Maharaja Agrasen College and College of Vocational Studies. "Other colleges, too, will be allowed to teach this course. A decision will be taken on the matter once the vice-chancellor is back," an official said.

There were a total of 891 seats for the three courses with BBE having 554, BBS 275 and BFIA 62 seats. The university will continue with the entrance exam for short-listing candidates. The total number of seats to be offered is likely to be 1,000, according to sources.

The entrance test will be conducted on June 26. Based on the entrance test results, shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. A merit list will be prepared giving 50% weightage to the entrance test score, 30% weightage to Class XII results and 20% weightage to the interview.