Heat, humidity fail to dampen spirits at North Campus

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sun, 06/16/2013 - 01:00

A total of 4,121 optical mark reader (OMR) forms were sold and around 1,200 forms were submitted by admission-seekers at Delhi University’s Arts Faculty alone on Saturday, Day 10 of admissions.

Despite the heat and humidity, many students reached North Campus to buy and submit the application forms.

The Arts Faculty remained the most preferred destination for submission of offline forms as about 1,200 were received there during the day.

The reason, university officials said, was its “proximity” to the metro station that made many applicants gather on its grounds to submit applications.

“A total of 1,47,996 forms have been sold in the past 10 days, of which 94,208 applications have been received,” confirmed an overworked J. M. Khurana, the Dean Students’ Welfare at Delhi University.

Online forms have definitely triumphed over physical submissions, with about 78,875 forms being submitted online. With the last date of submission drawing closer, many students have started putting in their applications for extra-curricular activity and sports quotas. Psychology (Honours) hopeful Namita said: “I’ve been into dancing for a while. Though I have scored about 60 per cent, I hope to get into a good North Campus college through ECA.”

The submission of applications ends on Wednesday, June 19, and the much-awaited first cut-off list will be declared on June 27.