Liaison International Names Hilda Mejia Abreu as Executive Director of Program Partnership

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 02/05/2014 - 15:41

WATERTOWN, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Liaison International, a leading provider of admission management software solutions for higher education, today announced that Dr. Hilda Mejia Abreu, former Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Services at the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio School of Nursing, has been named Executive Director of Program Partnership.

In this newly created role, Dr. Mejia Abreu will work with the American Association of the Colleges of Nursing (AACN) to encourage its member schools and programs to adopt NursingCAS, the centralized application service for professional nursing programs. NursingCAS allows applicants to use a single online application and one set of materials to apply to multiple nursing programs across participating schools, and enables programs to analyze and benchmark their applicant data on a powerful centralized platform. Provided as a service of the AACN, NursingCAS was developed by and is administered by Liaison.

Dr. Mejia Abreu is uniquely positioned to promote NursingCAS, as she personally implemented the system at the UT Health Science Center San Antonio School of Nursing and has documented its success. Discussing her transition, she said, “It feels very natural for me to move from the client side of admissions to Liaison. I’ve been an outspoken and long-time advocate for NursingCAS and CAS in general dating back to my role as advisory member of VMCAS, the centralized application service for veterinary schools. This position will provide me incredible reach to programs that can drive application volume and improve their admissions processes through adoption of the service.”

Michael Behringer, Liaison’s CEO & President, said, “Hilda’s professional profile is one that Liaison values greatly. She managed the service for UT from 2009 until 2013, successfully implemented NursingCAS in 2011, and is widely recognized for her leadership among her peers in nursing admissions, having played various association leadership roles and demonstrated service to the profession. Hilda is a thought leader and a sought out speaker and writer. Her extensive credentials in admissions management will provide great value across our CAS service at every level of the product roadmap, from development to implementation.”

Dr. Mejia Abreu holds a Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration from Michigan State University as well as an M.S. in Public Affairs from the University of Massachusetts Boston. Prior to joining the UT Health Science Center San Antonio School of Nursing in August 2009, she was Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Services at Michigan State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine. She has been a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s Centralized Application Process (NursingCAS) advisory group. Among her other professional affiliations, she has been a board member of the American College Personnel Association and is currently a member of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers and the National Association of Advisors for the Health Profession.

ABOUT LIAISON INTERNATIONAL

Liaison International provides admissions management solutions to higher education. Over the last 20+ years, the firm has built strong relationships with educational associations and has powered some of the most admired admissions offices with its Centralized Application Service (CAS). Its comprehensive software, service, and data analytics platform is proven to remove administrative burdens, facilitate more powerful analysis of a program’s applicant pool, and enable experienced admissions staff to focus on the core responsibilities of recruitment and enrollment.

MULTIMEDIA AVAILABLE:http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50748921&lang=en

Article references
finance.yahoo.com