SAWISE Hope Scholarship for South African Women in Science and Technology 2013-2014

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 04/26/2013 - 07:00

SAWISE Hope Scholarship for South African Women in Science and Technology 2013-2014Description: The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SAWISE) and The Hope Network invites female students entering their Honours level/ 4th year of study to apply for the SAWISE Hope Scholarship.

Eligible Field of Study: Science and Engineering

About Scholarship: The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SA WISE) is a dynamic association for all those who support the idea of strengthening the role of women in science and engineering in South Africa. The Hope Scholarship is for Honours/4th year level young women, preferably in the sciences and/or related field (medical included). Preference will be given to a candidate experiencing financial difficulty or distress.

Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified

Scholarship Type: Scholarship for women

Selection Criteria and Eligibility: The foundation is looking for an ambitious, conscientious young lady with the determination to go after what she wants; a young woman with the potential to make a contribution to her field and of course, to society in general.

Number of Scholarships: Not Specified

Value of Scholarship: Recipient will receive R10 000.

The scholarship founding group will serve as mentors to the recipient over the course of her Honours year /4th year of study. The recipient will be assigned special industry-specific mentors that align with her field of study. The recipient will have the opportunity to interact with the founding network of professional women through her invitation to, and participation in, Hope Network and SAWISE events.

Duration of Scholarship: One year, full-time study.

Eligible Countries: South African Women

To be taken at (country): Tenable at any of the following universities:

Application Deadline: 30 November 2013

Offered annually? Yes

How to Apply: Submit a covering letter of motivation, a detailed CV (including the contact details of two academic referees), a certified copy of all university results to date, and a certified ID copy. Ensure that a working email address is provided with your CV.

Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. All applications to be sent to the address listed from the website.

Sponsors: The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SAWISE) and The Hope Network

Scholarship Condition