Summer Entrepreneurship Program Kicked Off by Draper University in Silicon Valley

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 07/24/2014 - 09:01

San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 24, 2014

Draper University, a top program in entrepreneurship http://www.draperuniversity.com, is proud to announce that for 6 weeks this summer, 39 young entrepreneurs from 17 different countries will converge on the Draper University campus in the heart of Silicon Valley for an intensive, experiential program focused on entrepreneurship, building real-world skills, and “learning by doing.” The highly selective school, currently running its sixth cohort, continues to refresh its curriculum to include cutting edge speakers and unconventional learning methods. “We prepare people for an interesting and purposeful life. We look for those 18-28 year olds who have a passion to change the world for the better. Students who enter the program will build a lifelong network of friends from around the world, will be exposed to the full Silicon Valley experience, will move their vision forward, and will never be the same.” said Tim Draper, founder of Draper University and co-founder of Draper Fisher Jurvetson Venture Fund. The students will be immersed in an unparalleled environment focused on creating a new kind of game-changing, young entrepreneur. They will learn from Silicon Valley all-stars like Bill Draper, Heidi Roizen, Reid Dennis, Naveen Jain, Josh Buckley, and Dave McClure, and will build a lifelong network of peers, advisors, and mentors. At the end of the immersive program, Draper University students will participate in a business plan competition where students have the opportunity to pitch to a panel of investors and obtain funding for their business.

The accomplished summer cohort, of which 36% are female and 60% are international, includes someone who founded a company that uses kinect touchless technology to help surgeons during complex operations, someone who speaks five languages, a Miss World Malaysia pageant participant, a designer of components for SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy rocket, the founder of the Stanford Quidditch team, and several published authors.

Former Draper University students are out changing the world – they have started over 60 companies, raised over $6.4 million in capital, are working at large companies including Tesla and Google, as well as at startups, and attending business school at Harvard and Stanford.

Draper University is now accepting applications for its Fall 2014 Residential and Online programs. Application deadlines are at http://www.draperuniversity.com/apply. Draper University is offering over $35k in scholarships for its Residential Program in entrepreneurship, and is the first school to accept Bitcoin for tuition payment. For the first time, Draper University Online, an innovative online entrepreneurship program where students learn all the skills they need to be an entrepreneur and get to pitch their business idea for the chance to win up to a $5k investment, is offering to refund half of the tuition back to students who complete all of the coursework.

Supporting Resources

About Draper University: Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Draper University is the brainchild of free-spirited venture capitalist and co-founder of Draper Fisher Jurvetson Venture Fund, Tim Draper. Draper University is an innovative school for entrepreneurs, offering both a residential program and an online entrepreneurship program for the brightest entrepreneurs from around the world. Students experience Silicon Valley via cutting edge, hands-on curriculum taught by the most successful entrepreneurs in the Valley. Learn how to launch a business in this unique startup boot camp for entrepreneurs. For more information about the program or to apply online visit http://www.draperuniversity.com or contact us info(at)draperuniversity(dot)com.

Media Inquiries:

Emily Lopez

Draper University

Email: Emily(at)draperuniversity(dot)com

Phone: 650-215-8539