Top 5 Pop Songs for Week Ending July 13

July 11,2013

We’re counting down the five most popular songs on the Billboard Magazine Hot 100 pop singles chart, for the week ending July 13, 2013.

This week’s lineup has something for everyone - even action figures! Let’s begin at the beginning, in fifth place.
Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, and Ray Dalton are back in the lineup, as their former champ “Can’t Hold Us” rises one slot.

Top 5 Pop Songs for Week Ending July 13
1. "Blurred Lines" Robin Thicke Featuring Pharrell Williams
2. "Get Lucky" Daft Punk Featuring Pharrell Williams
3. "We Can't Stop" Miley Cyrus
4. "Radioactive" Imagine Dragons
5. "Can't Hold Us" Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Ray Dalton

Through the first six months of 2013, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are the sales champs on the Hot 100 chart: their breakout hit “Thrift Shop” has moved 5.56 million downloads.

Speaking of hot singles, Imagine Dragons ranks fifth on the best-seller list with 3.2 million copies of the year’s biggest rock song. Falling a slot to number four, “Radioactive” from the Night Visions album. It’s the fifth best-selling album of 2013 to date, shifting nearly 700,000 copies in the United States.

Miley Cyrus hasn’t told us when she’s releasing her next album - but the lead single is setting the stage nicely. “We Can’t Stop” jumps two slots to third place. It’s her best Hot 100 showing since 2009, when “Party In The U.S.A.” hit second place.

Now, about those action figures we mentioned earlier: Daft Punk is set to make some fans very happy. The two mysterious Frenchmen recently announced that they’ll be available as action figures. Designed under their supervision, the 15-centimeter-tall miniatures hit the market in late December…and pre-orders are already underway. “Get Lucky,” featuring Pharrell Williams holds in second place.

Holding at number one for a fourth straight week, it's Robin Thicke with “Blurred Lines,” featuring T.I. and the ubiquitous Pharrell. Robin extends his first U.S. pop singles championship to four weeks. He's a showbiz kid: his father is Canadian actor and songwriter Alan Thicke.

That’s it for now, but we'll return in seven short days with a new lineup.