Top 5 Songs for Week Ending March 26

March 25,2016

These are the five most popular songs in the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles chart, for the week ending March 26, 2016.

We get one new hit this week and what a hit it is!

Number 5: Lukas Graham "7 Years"

Lukas Graham is our Top Five newcomer this week as “7 Years” jumps four slots to fifth place. Lukas Graham is both a man and his group: singer Lukas Graham Forchhammer leads this Danish pop-soul band, which has enjoyed a worldwide hit with this song.

It went to number one in eight countries, going gold, platinum, and multi-platinum in the process. Lukas Graham released its self-titled second album last June in Europe, and on April 1 it receives its international roll-out.

Number 4: Flo Rida "My House"

Things quiet down a bit from here, as Flo Rida remains in fourth place with “My House.” What’s the secret to his success?

He’s such a reliable hit-maker that he gets more Spotify plays than Rihanna or Drake. Flo Rida tells Elle Magazine that not only does he practically live in the studio, he tests his material in clubs before actually recording it. The payoff? Seven top five hits in the past eight years.

Number 3: twenty one pilots "Stressed Out"

Twenty one pilots continues to perform well, as “Stressed Out” holds at number three. This song stands out from its competitors for an interesting reason: The songwriter is group vocalist Tyler Joseph…and only Tyler Joseph. Billboard notes that it’s the first Top Five hit of the year penned by a single author. Hozier did it last, when “Take Me To Church” hit second place in early 2015.

Number 2: Justin Bieber "Love Yourself"

Justin Bieber continues to hold the runner-up slot, and things are getting interesting on his current tour. Justin's Purpose World Tour is in full swing, and on the evening of March 19, he paid a visit to a nightclub in West Hollywood, California. The crooner reportedly appeared tipsy, and fell backward off the DJ booth after having a little chat with the crowd. Justin remains on the road into November, so…stay tuned.

Number 1: Rihanna Featuring Drake "Work"

Rihanna and Drake not only dominate the Hot 100, they’re also doing great things away from the spotlight.

Last week, they hit the stage together in Miami, Florida –while also spending quality time with a young fan named Megan who suffers from cancer. The Make-A-Wish Foundation arranged their visit.

So, that’s it for this week…stop by in seven days and we’ll do it all over again!