Top 5 Songs for Week Ending May 28

May 27,2016

These are the five most popular songs in the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles chart, for the week ending May 28, 2016.

You may have heard the old saying “Good things come to those who wait.” It sure applies this week, because the big payoff comes at the end.

Number 5: Mike Posner "I Took A Pill In Ibiza"

Mike Posner backs off a notch to fifth place with his global comeback hit “I Took A Pill In Ibiza.”

Mike tells the web site Genius.com that the pill in question was a mystery to him, and that he was under the influence of alcohol when he took it. Mike says he no longer drinks…and he did indeed feel 10 years older when he finally recovered.

Number 4: Lukas Graham "7 Years"

Lukas Graham sings about getting older in “their” global hit “7 Years,” which this week dips a slot to fourth place. The song has catapulted this Danish quartet into global stardom, and this August will see the members embark on their first Australian tour. And no wonder: “7 Years” topped the Australian chart for eight weeks, and their latest album also went to number one Down Under. They’ll hit Melbourne on August 13, with Sydney following three days later.

Number 3: Desiigner "Panda"

Desiigner dips a slot to number three with his former chart-topper “Panda.” On May 21, the rapper was back home in Brooklyn, performing as a special guest at Puff Daddy’s Bad Boy Reunion Concert. Among the other special guests were DMX and Swizz Beatz.

Desiigner has upcoming concerts here in Washington, D.C. and St. Louis, Missouri.

Number 2: Drake Featuring Wizkid & Kyla "One Dance"

We have bad news for Drake fans: he no longer rules the Hot 100 with “One Dance.” The good news? He doesn’t fall far. He’s also dominating the album chart.

Last week, his Views album opened at number one behind the best first-week sales of 2016: 852,000 copies. Views remains at number one…while Drake and Future just added additional dates to their mid-year North American tour.

Number 1: Justin Timberlake "Can't Stop The Feeling!"

Here’s the payoff I was talking about: Justin Timberlake is your brand-new Hot 100 champion, as “Can’t Stop The Feeling!” debuts at number one. It’s his fifth solo singles championship…and his first since 2007.

It’s from the Trolls movie soundtrack -- Justin has a role in the animated feature, which opens in November.

That’s it for this week…check us out in seven days for another visit to the hit list.