The speakers discuss two possible solutions to the woman s problem Describe the problem and the two solutions Then explain what you think the woman should do and why

Speaking topics in audio
Speaking topics in text

The speakers discuss two possible solutions to the woman’s problem. Describe the
problem and the two solutions. Then explain what you think the woman should do
and why.

Man
Mary, I’m so glad I ran into you.

Woman
Oh hello, Professor Jensen.

Man
Listen, I know it’s short notice . . . and maybe you’ve already made plans for spring break . . . but . . . one of my students just dropped out of the field trip to the Smithson River Caves. You’re next on the waiting list, so now there’s room for you to come along.

Woman
You’re kidding! [disappointed] I didn’t think there was a chance . . . and . . . well, it’s a three-day trip, right? I agreed to spend next week helping Professor Clark set up the new museum exhibition. I think she’s really counting on me.

Man
Yeah, three days. But you know . . . if you’d rather come on the field trip, why not
speak with her and see if she has anyone to replace you?

Woman
Yeah, I’d hate to miss out on the caves. I’ll definitely ask Professor Clark if there’s someone else who could help her.

Man
You know . . . we don’t leave until Wednesday. If you still have to help out, any chance you could get the museum setup done before then?

Woman
Oh yeah . . . not until Wednesday . . . so then yeah . . . maybe that’s possible too.

Speaking recording
Speaking category