The movement of people from agricultural areas to cities to work can cause serious problems in both places What are the serious problems and what measures can be taken to solve this problem

The movement of people from agricultural areas to cities to work can cause serious problems in both places. What are the serious problems and what measures can be taken to solve this problem.

Over the recent years many countries world wide has seen an increase in the number of people moving from rural areas to urban areas for the sake of a job.This trend can lead to social and economic problems. This movement can be reduced to a large extent by improving the standards of rural areas.

Firstly,migration of people from agricultural areas to urban areas can lead to over population in cities.Over population in urban areas can cause lack of adequate housing and this could result in destruction of forests and building up of multistory buildings.Moreover,moving to cities can lead to lack of basic facilitates and environmental pollution. An increase in city population would result in increased number of vehicles and this causes air pollution. For example,it is evident from the recent that the air pollution is increasing at an alarming rate i cities. Additionally, movement of people from agricultural areas of cities can cause unemployment. These are some of the effects of urbanization.

Secondly, movement of people from agricultural areas would result in depletion of farming. As people move from rural areas to urban areas for jobs, there won't be anybody to do farming. This will result in decreased food production. For instance, as a result of urbanization now a days Kerala is depending on other states for rice and vegetables, which were produced abundantly in past. This is an economic burden.These are some of the effects of urbanization on rural areas.

However, migration of people from rural areas to urban areas can be reduced to large extent by providing more opportunities in the villages and also providing basic facilities like transportation, water , electricity etc. Government plays a major role in controlling urbanization. Free education and health care services to people in rural areas are helpful in controlling urbanization.

In conclusion, these days urbanization is increasing in a fast rate. This can be controlled to a large extent by improving the standards of villages. Government has a great role in controlling the migration of people from agricultural areas to urban areas.

many countries world wide has seen an increase
many countries world wide have seen an increase

an alarming rate i cities
an alarming rate in cities

No. of Words: 348 while No. of Different Words: 151 //it means there are a lot of duplicated content. like 'to large extent'