Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

In the old days, most of primary education about children future lay on the hands of parents, they taught their children ways of life and how to become one with nature, including with their own kin. The school was deemed as a place to extend their children knowledge about the world which they didn't get at home.

Those days, parents which we can extend as a family. They were the one who has the most affection to create their children personality and the rest was their neighborhood where they spent their childhood there. That is why there are some people who still believe that parents have a full responsibility about how their children behave.

The other views which I think is an extension to the first view as these days, parents have not enough time to teach their children as their ancestor did and they think that in this era, most of that subjects can be learnt at their children's school by directly communicate with people other than family. That way, they can learn faster and no need to waste any time. But I have my own opinion in this, I agree with both views but refuse to choose one of them, because there are some flaws to each view and I think it will be fatal to ignore them.

The first one is that if parents were left alone to take care their children social life, they will only have their family as a friend and they will not know how to interact with other people, such as their neighbors for simple which have a lot differences because each one of them will have a different personality. And around the other, if you leave your children social life to another place such as a school, they will learn faster for good, but it only good if their friends, teacher or other people they meet frequently have a good personality, if not, they will be gone as bad as their surrounding people, that is why there is a word 'bully' at schools. What will your children be if they were bullied or the one who bully other children. The parents will not know anything until something happen to their children because they trust to much on others.

So simply by seeing those fact, if I have a child, I choose to give him proper education about social life based on our experience and knowledge and compare it with today’s era. For other parts, such as knowledge about science, I trusted them to be hold by school or any other facilities which have much more items to give than us the parents to the children. And we can use the school only as a practical lesson for our children social life education which we as parents have given them proper knowledge to prevent and shield them from taking a wrong path in life.

about the world which they didn't get at home.
about the world where they didn't get at home.