WRITING TASK 2 You should spend about 40 minutes on this task Write about the following topic Government investment in public transport and reductions in public transport prices will greatly help the fight against transport pollution Do you agree or disag

WRITING TASK 2
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Write about the following topic:
Government investment in public transport and reductions in public transport prices will greatly help the fight against transport pollution.
Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
You should write at least 250 words.

In this modern era of the 21st century, public transport is improving in terms of facilities and efficiency. However, public transport fare is also increasing every year. At the same time, private transport is also becoming more affordable with the science and technology. This thus leads to the dilemma of buying one’s own car or using the public transport, as the price becomes similar.

One of the proposed solutions is having the government to invest into public transport. This is a feasible idea as a good public transport system will attract more people to use buses and will be a benefit to the country in a long run. With financial resources from the government, more bus routes can be implemented and more bus-way can be built. This will make travelling by bus faster than car, especially during peak hours.

Besides that, reducing prices of public transport is also a pulling factor for most people, especially students. With a lower bus fares, the difference between public and private transport will have a large gap. For instance, for now, if travelling by bus cost $15 a week and travelling by car cost $18, most people will prefer to drive given the comfort and reaching the destination faster. However, with reduced bus fare, the difference may be up to $10 a week, hence promoting public transport. This not only helps to promote public transport, but also helps to reduce air pollution.

In conclusion, with government investment and reduction of prices of public transport, it is beneficial to both the country and to the residents. There will be less air pollution, less traffic congestion and the people can reach their destination faster.

Minimum 250 words wanted.