TPO 18 Integrated Writing Task In the 1950s Torreya taxifoha a type of evergreen tree once very common in the state of Florida started to die out No one is sure exactly what caused the decline but chances are good that if nothing is done Torreya wi

TPO-18 - Integrated Writing Task In the 1950s Torreya taxifoha, a type of evergreen tree once very common in the state of Florida, started to die out. No one is sure exactly what caused the decline, but chances are good that if nothing is done, Torreya wi

Both the reading and the listening sections are about a type of tree called torreya taxifoha that was once very popular in the florida .The author of the reading points out that the torreya taxifoha died out for no reason , so that is why it may become extinct again in the result of any of following ways. The lecturer , however challenges the claim made by the author. she is of the opinion that non of that experiments provides satisfactory solution.

To begin with the article argues that torreya can be reestablished in the same area in which it once existed . The wetter and cooler microclimate of northern florida is very favorable to torreya's growth .this claim t is challenged by the professor . More specifically she claims that it is not good idea and it is unlikely to be successful solution. she expands on this topic by mentioning that many areas across the region are becoming drier likely because global warming has contributed to an increase of temperature or wet lands throughout florida has been derived.

Secondly the text offers the other option . More specifically it mentions that the tree can be relocated in area far away from its homeland . The lecturer, rebuts this argument by mentioning that previous time when people relocated the tree named Blackcocks has terrible consequences . when tree was moved north to new environment it killed of many plants and trees in that area . In other words assisted migration can have unpredicted outcomes for the new environment.

And finally the reading passage notes that torreya can be preserved in research centers and it would be easier for scientists to protect them and conduct researches on the trees. The lecturer , conversely argues that torreya taxifoha cannot grow in such centers , because to overcome diseases it needs to be large and genetically diverse population . she elaborates on this by pointing out that trees in wild satisfied those criteria but research centers cannot provide that kind of variety .

Write the essay in 20 minutes.