A. Boat Trip

Listening audio
Listening level
Basic

A. Boat Trip.

1. True or False Questions.
(1)
The text is a description of Angela's trip down the Nile in the summer last year.
(2)
Angela could never forget the experience because it was such a lovely trip.
(3)
Angela traveled with her husband.
(4)
What they found on the ship was completely different from what was described in the brochure.

2. Choose the best answer (a, b, or c) for each of the following questions.
(1) How long was the holiday?

a. A week. b. Nine days. c. Ten days.
(2) What was their original plan? a. They would travel down the Nile. b. They would stay in Cairo and do some sightseeing. c. They would spend three days in Cairo and seven days on the Nile.
(3) Which of the following is not used by Angela to describe the boat? a. Luxurious. b. Uncomfortable. c. Small.
(4) What kind of cabin did they stay in? a. The best. b. One of the second-class ones. c. The worst.
(5) Which of the following did her cabin have? a. A socket for a hair drier. b. A point for the electric razor. c. A shower.
(6) Which of the following was used by Angela to describe the food on the boat? a. Mouth-watering. b. Delicious. c. Inedible.

3. Fill in the blanks.
(1) The only air-conditioning was
, and inside, in the
, it was too hot to
, and the dining room was
.
(2) The cabin was badly
as well. There wasn't
to move. The beds took up
of the space.
(3) There was a
table, but
was broken. In the daytime
were so crowded, there wasn't even
. We did stop
for a swim, but who wants to swim in
?

Listening answers

A. Boat Trip.

1. True or False Questions.
(1)
(2)
(3)
Angela traveled with her husband.
(4)

(1) How long was the holiday?

a. A week. b. Nine days. c. Ten days.

3. Fill in the blanks.
(1) The only air-conditioning was
, and inside, in the
, it was too hot to
, and the dining room was
.
(2) The cabin was badly
as well. There wasn't
to move. The beds took up
of the space.
(3) There was a
table, but
was broken. In the daytime
were so crowded, there wasn't even
. We did stop
for a swim, but who wants to swim in
?