C. Free Samples

Listening audio
Listening level
Basic

C. Free Samples.

Choose the best answer (a, b, or c) to complete each of the following statements.
1. The possible relationship between the two speakers is _________.

a. father and daughter b. brother and sister c. husband and wife
2. This conversation probably takes place in ________. a. the morning b. the afternoon c. the evening
3. On that day they haven't got ________. a. a postcard b. a questionnaire c. free samples of tinned meat
4. The woman _________ filling in the questionnaire. a. has no patience in b. is interested in c. is enthusiastic about
5. The man insists on filling out the questionnaire right away because __________. a. they have promised to do so b. he wants to mail it on his way to work c. he wants more free samples
6. The reason that the woman gives for her dislike is that the tinned meat is __________. a. too salty b. too expensive c. tasteless
7. For "Guests Comments", the woman's answer is that _________. a. the cat didn't touch it b. the cat enjoyed eating it c. the cat became ill
8. For the question "Did guests ask for the brand name," the woman's answer is ________. a. yes b. no c. that "our cat cannot speak"
9. When the woman says "they must be out of their minds," she means __________. a. they must forget all about it b. they must be mad c. they must have the incorrect idea
10. When the woman says "we're too polite to answer that," she means __________. a. she is polite b. this is a polite question c. the true answer will be hurting to the company
Listening answers

C. Free Samples.