C. Hiking

Listening audio
Listening level
Basic

C. Hiking.

1. Choose the best answer (a, b, or c) to complete each of the following statements.
(1) Don says he feels relieved to see __________.

a. a tea shop b. a newsagent c. lights
(2) They must have been walking for ___________, according to Walter. a. four hours b. five hours c. six hours
(3) According to the waitress who has been serving Don and Walter, they have had complete Devon cream teas except __________. a. apple pies b. sandwiches c. scones
(4) The tea shop probably closes at ___________. a. 5:00 pm b. 5:15 pm c. 5:30 pm

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
Walter is more interested in the notice of "Open for Devon Cream Teas" than the Town Hall.
(2)
Donald thinks that a Devon cream tea is better than a good newspaper.
(3)
Donald does not watch television too often because he believes that television programs do not provide enough background for what happened in the world.
(4)
Walter loves to read newspapers because newspapers usually have a wider coverage than television programs.
(5)
Walter asks Donald to get him a newspaper because he wants to know about the weather.

Listening answers

C. Hiking.

a. a tea shop b. a newsagent c. lights

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)